- What Services Does Arriva Medical, an Alere company, Provide?
- What Medicare-Covered Items Does Arriva Medical, an Alere company, Provide?
- Does Arriva Medical, an Alere company, Offer Advantages Over My Local Pharmacy?
- How Does The Program Work?
- Who's Eligible?
- What is my Medicare yearly deductible?
- Do I Pay Any Extra Costs?
- How Much Do I Pay For My Diabetes Testing Supplies? How Much Does Medicare Cover?
- How are my supplies delivered?
- Do I Need To Have Supplemental Insurance To Enroll With Arriva Medical, an Alere company?
- Who Will Fill Out My Claim Forms?
- How do I reorder my diabetic supplies?
- Are there limits on the number of supplies that will be reimbursed?
- When will Medicare cover additional test strips and lancets?
- Is there a meter available where I do not have to stick myself?
- How reliable are your shipments?
Have a question that doesn't appear here? Need additional information? Just call an Arriva Medical representative at 1-800-580-1871.
What services does Arriva Medical, an Alere company, provide?
Arriva Medical, an Alere company, delivers diabetes testing supplies straight to your door. We also offer personalized support, educational resources and much more, including:
- A new meter† to help you test as often as you should
- Shipping directly to your door
- Real answers from trained customer service professionals
- Reminders to reorder your diabetes supplies
What Medicare-covered items does Arriva Medical, an Alere company, provide?
If you have Medicare Part B (non-HMO), you may be eligible for the following supplies from Arriva Medical (co-payments and deductibles apply):
Diabetes Testing Supplies
- Blood glucose meters and meter batteries
- Test strips
- Lancing devices and lancets
- Control solution
Orthotics, including knee and back bracing.
Visit our Products section for a complete listing.
Does Arriva Medical, an Alere company, offer advantages over my local pharmacy?
Yes. Some people may not have transportation so Arriva Medical, an Alere company, delivers the supplies you need directly to your home, promptly and on a regular schedule. In addition you'll save time, avoid lines and extra driving trips, and enjoy the privacy you deserve. There is also no need for you to fill out confusing insurance forms or wait for reimbursement. If you have questions, a helpful Arriva Medical agent is always just a phone call away.
How does the program work?
Arriva Medical, an Alere company, delivers your supplies right to your door. We fill out your claim forms and bill Medicare and your supplemental insurance company for you. And our No-Risk Guarantee* ensures your complete satisfaction.
If you have diabetes, you may be eligible. Call Arriva Medical, an Alere company, at 1-800-580-1871 or fill out our online form to see if you qualify.
What is my Medicare yearly deductible?
Medicare covers diabetic testing supplies at 80% of their fee schedule after your annual deductible is met. Annual deductibles are $142.00 and apply to all of your medical costs, such as doctor's visits, etc.
Supplemental insurance to Medicare usually pays for the 20% co-pay, and in some cases covers your annual deductible also.
Do I pay any extra costs?
With Arriva Medical, an Alere company, you pay no membership fees, or up-front costs** for your diabetes testing supplies. And you don't wait for reimbursement.
How much do I pay for my diabetes testing supplies? How much does Medicare cover?
How much you pay will depend on your insurance coverage and the state in which you live. Medicare generally pays 80% of the cost of diabetes testing supplies for qualified beneficiaries-after any applicable co-payments and deductibles have been met.
If you have qualified supplemental insurance, you may be covered for the remaining portion (generally 20%) so you pay nothing at all. However, you will be responsible for any portion (co-pay or deductible) that is not covered by your insurance.
How are my supplies delivered?
Arriva Medical, an Alere company, mails your diabetes testing supplies directly to your door in a discreet package.
Do I need to have supplemental insurance to enroll with Arriva Medical, an Alere company?
No. However, if you do not have supplemental insurance, you will be responsible for costs not covered by Medicare.
Medicare generally pays only 80% of the cost of diabetes testing supplies for qualified beneficiaries-after any applicable co-payments and deductibles have been met. If you have no supplemental insurance, you will be responsible for the remaining portion (generally 20%). In addition, you will be responsible for co-payments and deductibles not covered by your primary insurance.
Who will fill out my claim forms?
As a participating Medicare provider, Arriva Medical, an Alere company, fills out your claim forms and bills Medicare and your supplemental insurance company for you.
How do I reorder my diabetic supplies?
Never Run Out of Diabetic Supplies Again! We work with your doctor to obtain your prescription and will send out a reorder post card or give you a courtesy call when it is time to reorder, to ensure that you always have enough diabetic supplies on hand. Calling for reorders is unnecessary, unless there is a change in your prescribed testing frequency, physician, insurance, address or other contact information.
Are there limits on the number of supplies that will be reimbursed?
Medicare establishes certain limits based on whether or not you use insulin to treat your diabetes. Your physician will indicate how often you should test. Medicare may approve additional testing supplies if your physician determines it is necessary. In general insurance covers testing supplies sufficient to test one time per day for non-insulin dependent diabetics, and three times per day for insulin-dependent diabetics.
When will Medicare cover additional test strips and lancets?
- If the patient's physician has seen the patient within the last 6 months and has evaluated their diabetes control,
- When the physician has documented in the patient's record a specific reason that the patient needs additional supplies, and
- When the patient's physician provides a written order for the frequency of testing that is greater than established utilization limits.
Is there a meter available where I do not have to stick myself?
No, all meters need a small sample of blood and the only way to get blood is through a stick. You don't have to stick your fingers anymore but you will have to stick an alternate test site, either your forearm, palm, or thigh.
How reliable are your shipments?
Arriva Medical uses DHL for shipping in the domestic United States. DHL's state of the art shipping system allows us to track each package we ship.
*Up to 30 days from shipment (a longer period may apply based on law or regulation). Some restrictions may apply. We are unable to accept returns of properly filled prescriptions.
**Co-payments, deductibles and some restrictions apply.
† Meter offer available to qualified beneficiaries with diabetes. Not available to current Arriva Medical patients. No purchase necessary. Meter shown for illustrative purposes only. Terms and conditions apply.